Neptune Theatre School
Acting Intensives for Adults
LA Technique Level 1
With Kirstin Howell
Date: Tuesdays May 28, June 4 and 11th
Time: 7pm-10pm (total of 9hrs)
Maximum 12 students
The L.A. Technique is an applicable and repeatable system of acting which has been created by Kirstin Howell, based on the work she learned in Los Angeles. The Technique is a well- rounded way of approaching the craft of acting, preparing one’s self to be a ‘working actor’, and making one’s self as hireable as possible.
This fun and engaging three week course will cover the basics of the LA Technique. We will cover marketing strategies such as headshots, resumés, creating your ‘hit’, and more, as well as learning how to build character through the use of improv and mining the script.
Although the L.A. technique can be applied to any medium, we will be focusing on film and television sides for this course.
All levels of experience are welcome!
Kirstin is a graduate of the Sheridan College Musical Theatre-Performance Program, a student at The Groundlings LA, Lesly Kahn & Co, and a working actor (Neptune Theatre, CBC, Netflix, LifeTime, Two Planks and A Passion Theatre, Chester Playhouse, etc). Most recently, Kirstin played the principal role of Joy in the feature film ‘Hopeless Romantic’ [post production], and on the Neptune Theatre stage in Mamma Mia, Kamp and Noises Off.
She is passionate about coaching students, either in group or individual settings. @theLAtechnique
Please note: Classes will go off sale at 5pm the day before classes start. Please complete your booking prior to that time.
- Students 14 years and older must add 15% HST.
- Students who have a birthday within two months of a class's start date may sign up for that class (i.e. if you are 13, but will turn 14 within two months of a 14-18 class starting, you may sign up for that class.
- Neptune Theatre is the sole owner of the information collected here and on our website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others.
- Neptune Theatre Foundation cannot be held responsible for accidents or injuries incurred in classes, or on its premises. Students/parents are financially responsible for any physical damage they/their children do to the building.
- All classes are subject to a $35 non refundable fee.
- Some classes have a minimum registration and if that number is not met the class will not be offered. You will be notified of any canceled classes.